Sundays are my days to recharge. With chaffering my kids around (have I said how I can’t wait for my son to get his license?), managing three projects, working on my MBA, and launching a podcast, I need one day not to do much of anything. Sundays are low-key days to relax with the family, drink wine while watching a movie (even a bad one), and dim the lights a bit to relax my mind.
Here are eight things that I do on Sundays to be mentally prepared for the upcoming week:
- Meditate – I have the Calm app, and I always make an effort to meditate in the morning and give thanks to being here another week
- Week in Review – I review how the past week went and what I can do to continue reaching my goals
- Plan Upcoming Week – Look at my calendar and see what is coming up this week, and create my master weekly to-do list
- Grocery Shopping – I pick up my groceries at Harris Teeter, so I usually do my grocery shopping on Saturdays, and then pick them up on Sundays
- Brunch with Friends – It’s always nice to have brunch with friends on a Sunday. It starts off the week in the right way
- Read a Book and/or Play a Video Game – Today I played Red Dead Redemption 2 and it was nice to play. I also listened to an audiobook in the car while I drove my son to a Merit Badge class
- Walk the Dogs for a Little Longer – I usually walk the dogs on the weekends for
an extra-longtime. Today was a beautiful day, so we had a nice stroll
- Read PostSecret – It’s been a Sunday tradition for me. I lay in bed and read the Sunday secrets
What are the things you like to do on a Sunday?
Featured Photo by Plush Design Studio on Unsplash